Friday, March 27, 2020

Rick’s Pandemic Chicken Noodle Casserole

Since Price Chopper cancelled my pick-up order, I have turned to my pantry to feed the six of us (a couple of my grandchildren and their parents are quarantining with us.) You know those cans of chicken breast you bought at Costco or BJ’s in case you wanted to make chicken salad or there was a pandemic, now is their time to shine.
This is a one dish casserole that many people (my wife included) had so much as a child that she can’t bear to look at it. I kinda like it. It’s not the typical recipe I put up here, but everything is different now.
Ingredients
1 lb. egg noodles or other pasta
2 12.5 cans of of chicken breast in water (or leftover cooked chicken)
1 can Campbell’s cream of chicken soup (yes, I know, stay with me here)
1 can Campbell’s cream of mushroom soup
1 package of frozen peas, thawed more or less
2 cups of cheese (cheddar or whatever you’ve got)
1 cup of Mayonnaise
Bread crumbs (or Panko or crumble crackers for topping)
1 stick of melted butter to put on top of the crumbs
Recipe
Boil water for the noodles. Preheat the oven to 350 f.
In a large bowl put the two soups, mayo, peas, cheeses. Stir to mix.
Drain the pasta, and mix it in the bowl.
Butter a baking dish and put  the whole smear in it.
Cover with the crumbs. Pour the melted butter over it.
Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until it is bubbling and the top is browned and crispy.
Let it cool for a few minutes.
Serve with your favorite box wine, red or white. I suggest red.
Stay safe, wash your hands. God bless you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment